Pageviews last month

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The Drummer Boy Of Shiloh

 I just read "The Drummer Boy Of Shiloh" written by Ray Bradbury and something I realized after reading this story was that you really dont realize how important you are. Throughout almoost the whole story, Jobi, the main character felt nervous and kind of regretful for joining the army because he felt like he didn't belong.
 
During the middle of the story, the General walked up to Jobi and told him three very important words, "We need you." Jobi was so super shocked! The General told Jobi that he's the heart of the army.

 Right now I think the whole story changes because at first Jobi thought he was unwanted and wasn't needed but now he KNOWS that he is needed. I felt so happy for Jobi at that moment because i know what it is like to feel unwanted and not needed around but i also knows how it feels to be wanted around and it feels GREAT! And it also felt great to know how Jobi felt when we realized he was the "heart of the army."

No comments:

Post a Comment