Pageviews last month

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Romeo and Juliet

In ELA we are reading Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare. This book is about these two teenagers, Romeo and Juliet who fall in love. the only conflict about these two teens falling in love was that they belong into two families who are enemies. this foebidden love lead to a horrific misunderstanding and them killing themselves. From what we read so far, Juliet is feeling conflicted emotions because her husband Romeo killed her cousin Tybalt.

The character I like the most and feel is the strongest character is Juliet. I feel Juliet is such a strong character because if I was in her position where my husband killed my cousin and I didnt even know the whole situation I dont think I would know what to do with myself especially if I loved my husband as much as Juliet loved Romeo. Juliet had so much feelings for what happened because some of the words she used to describe Romeo were "O serpent heart hid with a flow'ring face! did ever dragon keep so fair a cave? Dove-feathered raven, wolvish-ravening lamb! Just opposite to what thou justly seeem'st, A damned saint, an honorable villain."

After all these conflicted feelings Juliet had for Romeo showed how confused she was, but in my opinion she made a very rash decision by sticking with Romeo. I guess this shows the true love Juliet has for Romeo but putting him over a close family member who is now dead? I think that was a little silly of her to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment